A lot of emphasis has been put on being green or environmentally friendly recently, as we all look for ways to conserve, replenish and otherwise help the environment we live in. Allan Block has been building green for over 20 years and is geared up to bring more green solutions to the table.
Building Eco-Friendly Retaining Walls: Thinking Green
Allan Block is an environmentally conscious company that strives to be a leader in the future of “green” building products. Building with more environmentally useful products will increase efficiency and reduce the negative impact we have on the world we live in.
How has Allan Block Been Building Green?
As a leader in the industry, Allan Block provides environmental solutions to just about any landscape. Our efforts to provide green construction solutions coincide with the efforts of the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Program and other programs of its kind. These programs are based on points. To see a chart of points available using Allan Block products, check out the LEED Chart.
- New Eco-Friendly Retaining Wall - AB Fieldstone, the new revolution in retaining walls, AB Fieldstone is Green, Natural, and user Friendly. Click here to learn more about our green retaining wall products.
- Erosion Control - Allan Block retaining walls help prevent soil erosion which is a serious threat to the environment. Keeping the soil where it should be and out of our waterways and roadways.
- Environmentally Friendly - No Toxins to harm the environment. Unlike treated timbers, concrete has no toxic chemicals to harm the earth.
- Durable - Made of concrete, Allan Block's lifespan far surpasses that of any other retaining wall material. Its resistance to weathering, chemicals and time make it the most environmental choice. It won't rot, dissolve or degrade.
- Plantable - Allan Block's hollow core allows the blocks in the top course of the wall to be filled with soil and planted. Aside from adding beautification to the project, a plantable wall allows for renewable resources to be planted and used in areas where it may otherwise not be possible.
- Reusing Materials – Allan Block Products may be manufactured using recycled materials. The concrete waste that is made during production of Allan Block products can be crushed up and re-used as well, effectively reducing our impact on local landfills.